Gluten-free cinnamon walnut quick bread is a quick bread bursting with a warm, cozy, and nutty flavor. It is moist and fluffy on the inside and covered in an addicting, sugary, crunchy coating. You are going to love every bite of this heavenly bread.
Furthermore, this gluten-free cinnamon walnut quick bread is easy to make. It’s yeast-free, and you probably have all the ingredients you need to make this tasty bread in your fridge and pantry. So dust off your apron, and let’s get baking!
- Brown Sugar-Free Sweetener- Adds depth and flavor to the cinnamon bread.
- Walnuts- Walnuts add a nutty flavor as well as crunchy texture to the bread.
- Cinnamon- Provides a warm, cozy, sweet flavor that makes the bread taste amazing.
- Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour- Serves as the primary flour base for the bread. Use your favorite gluten-free flour all-purpose blend to make this cinnamon walnut quick bread.
- Baking Powder- Helps the cinnamon walnut quick bread rise and become light and fluffy.
- Salt- Enhances the flavor of the bread by balancing out the sweetness and intensifying other flavors.
- Eggs- Provides structure, stability, and moisture to the bread.
- Milk– Adds moisture to the batter, contributing to the softness of the bread. Milk also helps with browning during baking. I used evaporated milk. Use any milk you prefer to make this recipe.
- Sugar-Free Sweetener: Adds sweetness to the overall bread without using traditional sugar.
- Vegetable Oil: Adds moisture to the bread and helps create a tender crumb.
- Sour Cream: Adds moisture and a tangy flavor that compliments the sweetness of the bread.
- Vanilla Extract- Gives the bread a pleasant aromatic flavor to the bread.
How To Make Gluten-Free Cinnamon Walnut Quick Bread
To make the topping, combine the brown sugar, walnuts, and cinnamon in a small bowl until combined.
To make the quick bread batter, preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a loaf pan with non-stick spray. Line the pan with parchment paper. It will help remove the quick bread from the pan easily once it’s baked.
Mix the gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl until combined.
Mix the eggs, milk, sugar-free sweetener, oil, sour cream, and vanilla extract in another bowl.
Add the sour cream mixture to the gluten-free flour mixture and mix until combined.
Pour half of the quick bread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spread it into an even layer.
Sprinkle half of the topping over the quick bread batter.
Pour the remaining quick bread batter on top of the topping and spread it into an even layer.
Sprinkle the remaining topping over the quick bread.
Bake it for 50-60 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
Let the cinnamon walnut quick bread cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then place it on a cooling rack to cool.
Tips For Making Gluten-Free Cinnamon Walnut Quick Bread
Choose a quality gluten-free flour blend. Every gluten-free flour produces different results. So you want to choose a quality flour bread to ensure you have a tasty gluten-free cinnamon walnut quick bread. Additionally, choose a flour blend that contains xanthan gum. It will give the bread more structure.
Use room temperature ingredients. Bring eggs, milk, and sour cream to room temperature before making the bread. Room-temperature ingredients are easier to mix than cold ingredients, resulting in a smoother batter.
Toast your walnuts. Toasting the walnuts adds another element of flavor that makes the cinnamon walnut quick bread taste irresistible. Simply bake them in a preheated oven for a few minutes until fragrant, being careful not to burn them.
Let it cool completely before slicing. Gluten-free bread is more fragile than traditional bread. So you have to let it cool completely before slicing it. If you don’t, the bread will crumble and fall apart.
Although this gluten-free cinnamon walnut bread is perfectly delicious, there are many ways to customize this recipe. Here are your options:
- Fruit: Drizzle apple butter or peach jam on top of the quick bread batter before you add the topping. Alternatively, you can add 1/3 cup of dried raisins, cranberries, or currants to the topping.
- Chocolate Chips: Fold 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips into the quick bread batter. It will give the bread a chocolate twist.
- Citrus Zest: Add the orange zest or lemon zest to the batter for a citrusy kick. This complements the sweetness of the bread and adds a refreshing flavor.
- Nut-Free Option: If you want to make the bread nut-free, you can omit the walnuts or replace them with seeds like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or dried fruit for a different texture.
- Chai Spice: Replace the cinnamon with a chai spice blend (cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves) for a warm and aromatic twist on traditional cinnamon bread.
How do you make gluten free bread less crumbly?
If your gluten-free bread has a crumbly texture, it probably needs more liquid, fat, or a binder. Try adding an extra egg or increasing the liquid and fat by 1/4 cup the next time you make it, and continue adjusting the proportions until you get the perfect gluten-free bread.
What gluten-free flour is best for baking?
Every palette is different, so it depends on your preference. However, popular gluten-free flour blends include Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free baking flour, Cup 4 Cup, Pillsbury gluten-free flour, and King Arthurs’s gluten-free flour. I recommend trying each of these flour blends to find the one that suits your tastes.
To store your gluten-free cinnamon walnut quick bread, let it cool completely. Store the cinnamon walnut quick bread in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. You can store it in the fridge. However, be mindful that the cold air can dry the bread out.
You can also freeze the gluten-free cinnamon walnut quick bread. You can freeze the entire loaf of quick bread or freeze it in slices.
To freeze the entire loaf, let it cool completely. Wrap the cinnamon walnut quick bread tightly with plastic wrap, then place it into a large ziplock bag and place it in the freezer.
To freeze the cinnamon walnut quick bread in slices, let it cool completely, then cut it into slices. Wrap each slice individually tightly with plastic wrap. Place the bread into a ziplock bag and freeze it. The cinnamon walnut bread will last 1-2 months in the freezer.