If sour cream and onion chips are your favorite, you will love this air fryer sour cream and onion chicken. It is a simple, easy-to-make gluten-free dish that is simply delicious.
Tips For Making Air Fryer Sour Cream And Onion Chicken
Freeze the chicken breast for 15 minutes. It will make it easier to cut them in half.
I placed the tortilla chips into a ziplock bag and crushed them up using a rolling pin. However, you pulse them in a food processor until they resemble coarse crumbs.
Marinate the chicken for at least an hour, so the sour cream has enough time to tenderize the chicken. You can marinate it for up to 4 hours.
Use parmesan cheese if you run out of tortilla chips. I ran out of tortilla chips, so I used parmesan cheese as the breading, and they came out beautifully. Plus, if you use parmesan cheese, the sour cream, and onion chicken will be keto-friendly.
How To Make Sour Cream And Onion Chicken In The Oven
If you do not have an air fryer, you can make sour cream and onion chicken in the oven.
- Program the oven to 425°F and let it preheat.
- Marinate the chicken breasts for 1-4 hours, then press them into the tortilla chip crumbs.
- Place the sour cream and onion chicken onto a wire rack placed over a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the sour cream and onion chicken for 18-20 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked.
How To Make Sour Cream And Onion Chicken On The Stove
Alternatively, you can also shallow fry the sour cream and onion chicken on the stovetop. The chicken will be extra crispy.
- Marinate the chicken breasts in the sour cream mixture.
- Press the chicken breasts into the crushed tortilla chips.
- Place 3-4 tablespoons of oil into a skillet and set it over medium-high heat.
- Add the sour cream and onion chicken to the skillet.
- Cook the sour cream and onion for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip them over and cook them for another 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown and fully cooked.
- Place the sour cream and onion chicken onto a paper towel-lined plate and enjoy!
How Do You Keep Breaded Chicken From Getting Soggy
This sour cream and onion chicken is breaded, so it will get soggy after a while. To prevent this, place the chicken onto a wire rack set over a baking sheet once you remove the air fryer. Place the chicken into a 200°F, and it will stay crispy until you are ready to serve dinner.
How To Store Air Fryer Sour Cream And Onion Chicken
Let the sour cream and onion chicken cook completely. Place the chicken into an airtight container and store it in the fridge for 3-5 days.
How To Freeze Air Fryer Sour Cream And Onion Chicken
Do not cook sour cream and onion chicken if you want to freeze it. If you freeze cooked sour cream and onion chicken, the breading will fall off. It’s better to freeze it raw so the breading stays intact.
To freeze sour cream and onion chicken, place it onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Freeze them for 3-4 hours until they are frozen solid.
Wrap each sour cream and onion chicken individually with plastic wrap. Place them into a ziplock bag and squeeze all the air out of the bag, then seal it.
Place the sour cream and onion chicken into the freezer. The sour cream and onion chicken will last for 1 month.
How To Reheat Air Fryer Sour Cream And Onion Chicken
Program the air fryer to 375°F and let it preheat for 5 minutes. Place the sour cream and onion chicken breast in the basket in a single and cook them for 3 minutes. Flip them over and cook them for another 2-3 minutes until heated through.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer Lemon Tuna Patties
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories583
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0.5g 0%
- Cholesterol 48mg 16%
- Sodium 1117mg 47%
- Potassium 8mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 8.1g 32%
- Sugars 3.9g
- Protein 30.9g 60%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.