Paleo carrot cake muffins are easy to make, moist, soft, and delicious. They are gluten-free and sugar-free, so they are the perfect treat delicious treat that won’t add too many calories to your diet.
These paleo carrot muffins are also the perfect way to use up those extra carrots sitting in your fridge. The recipe calls for 1 1/2 equals about 4 carrots. You can even double the recipe and share these carrot cake muffins with your family and friends.
Carrot cake muffins are the perfect on-the-go breakfast. You can make them in advance and have them for breakfast any day of the week. You can also pack a few carrot cake muffins in your kid’s lunch box so they can have a sweet snack.
The carrots add sweetness and moisture, preventing the muffins from drying out. The addition of cinnamon and nutmeg helps balance out the sweet flavor of the muffins.
Tips For Making Paleo Carrot Cake Muffins
- Shred the carrots finely. The thinner the carrots, the better. The carrots will be evenly distributed throughout the muffins, and they will bake evenly.
- I used coconut sugar to make these muffins. Feel free to use maple syrup or honey to make the carrot cake muffins if you don’t like coconut sugar.
- I used melted butter to make carrot cake muffins. I ran out of coconut oil, so I used butter. Additionally, butter is much cheaper than coconut oil. You can use coconut oil if desired to make this carrot cake muffin recipe.
How To Store Paleo Carrot Cake Muffins
You can store these paleo carrot cake muffins in an airtight container on your countertop for 2-3 days. You can also store them in the fridge for 4-5 days.
You can also freeze these carrot cake muffins. Let them cool completely once they are baked. Place the carrot muffins into a freezer-safe airtight container or ziplock bag. Place the carrot cake muffins in the freezer, and they will last for 3 months.
To reheat the carrot cake muffins, let them thaw on the countertop for 3-4 hours. Heat the carrot muffins in the microwave for 45 seconds to a minute, and enjoy!
Bluberry Butter Crumb Muffins
Maple Cornbread Muffins
Keto Blueberry Lemon Muffins
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories165
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1.2g 5%
- Cholesterol 32mg 11%
- Sodium 147mg 7%
- Potassium 106mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 4%
- Sugars 16.9g
- Protein 3.7g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.