Blueberry lime refresher is a quick and easy summer drink that looks fancy and tastes even better. Plus, it’s very easy to make.
Simply add the blueberries and water to a blender, then blend it and mix it with the remaining ingredients. You will have a refreshing blueberry drink thats ready to serve over a cold glass of ice in less than 10 minutes.
Can I Make This Refresher With Frozen Blueberries
Yes, you can make this blueberry drink with frozen blueberries. However, it’s best to thaw the blueberries first.
Thawing the blueberries prevents the blueberry lime refresher from having a smoothie-like consistency. Thaw the frozen blueberries in the fridge for 6-8 hours or overnight until they soften to make the perfect blueberry lime refresher.
Tips For Making Blueberry Lime Refresher
If you want a clearer blueberry lime refresher, strain it. I did not strain the blueberry lime refresher. It was a bit cloudy, but it had a beautiful rich purple color.
Plus, the blueberries retained most of their nutrients. Nevertheless, you can strain your blueberry lime refresher if you want to.
Can I Make Blueberry Lime Refresher in Advance
Yes, you can make a blueberry lime refresher in advance. You can make the blueberry lime refresher 1-2 days in advance before serving it.
Can I Use Pre-Made Limeade Instead Of Fresh Lime Juice
Technically you can use limeade instead of fresh lime juice. However, I don’t recommend it.
Store-bought limeade is already sweetened. So if you use limeade to make the blueberry lime refresher, it will be too sweet.
In contrast, fresh lime juice will give the blueberry drink more flavor. The drink will have the perfect balance of sweet and tart flavors.
If you use store-bought limeade, decrease the amount of sweetener in the drink. Start by adding 1/2 cup of sweetener and add more if needed.
This blueberry lime refresher recipe is completely customizable. You can put a special twist on this delicious drink. Here are some ideas:
- Add fresh mint. Place a few blueberries and mint leaves in each glass and muddle them together. It will give the blueberry drink a fresh herbaceous twist.
- Use blackberries or strawberries instead of blueberries. Alternatively you can also use strawberries and watermelon like we did to make this watermelon strawberry refresher.
- Use maple syrup or honey instead of sugar-free sweetener.
- Add vodka, bourbon, or your favorite alcohol to create an adult blueberry lime refresher.
- Replace the water with sparkling water to give your drink a nonalcoholic fizzy twist.
How To Long Does Blueberry Lime Refresher Last
Technically, the blueberry lime refresher will last for 5 days. But it’s best to drink it within 1-2 days. The longer the blueberry lime refresher sits, the more its flavor will decline.
Cucumber Coconut Refresher
Bahamian Switcha (Limeade)
8-10 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories19
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 0g 0%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 275mg 12%
- Potassium 24mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 0%
- Sugars 2.9g
- Protein 0.2g 0%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.