Blueberry butter lime cake is a rich, decadent yet healthy cake that makes the perfect Christmas gift. It is rich, delicious, and bursting with flavor.
What Makes This Cake Different
This blueberry butter lime cake recipe is a unique creation. If you were to search for a blueberry butter cake, you’d find 100 butter cakes made with fresh blueberries.
However, this cake is made with homemade blueberry butter, lime zest, and fresh lime juice. The blueberry butter lime cake has a sweet yet tart flavor.
What Is Blueberry Butter
The name blueberry butter is a bit of a misnomer. Blueberry does not contain any butter.
It consists of blueberries and some form of a sweetener. The blueberry butter is cooked for a long time, then blended into a spread.
Is Blueberry Butter Lime Loaf Cake Healthy
Yes, this blueberry butter lime cake is healthy. It’s made with sugar-free blueberry butter.
Additionally, this recipe has no flour or refined sugar, making it diabetic-friendly, gluten-free, and keto-friendly. The cake is made with almond flour, coconut flour, and Swerve sugar-free sweetener.
How To Store Blueberry Butter Lime Cake
You can store this blueberry butter lime cake in the fridge or at room temperature. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap, and it will last for 2-3 days.
Blueberry Butter Lime CakeCourse: Dessert, SnacksCuisine: Gluten-free, KetoDifficulty: Easy
Blueberry butter and fresh lime juice and zest are the perfect combinations. This blueberry butter lime cake has a tender, moist crumb, and a delicious tart yet sweet flavor. Best of all, you can make a few batches of this loaf cake and give them to your family and friends as Christmas gifts.
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
zest of 2 limes
1 cup sugar-free sweetener
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup coconut oil
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup blueberry butter
- Program your oven to 325°F, then spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line it with parchment paper.
- Whisk the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, and lime zest in a bowl.
- Whisk the stevia, eggs, coconut oil, lime juice, almond milk, vanilla extract, and lime zest in a bowl.
- Add the almond and coconut flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the blueberry butter lime cake batter into the prepared pan, then drizzle the blueberry butter over the cake batter and swirl it using a butter knife or a skewer.
- Bake the blueberry butter lime cake for 45-50 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the blueberry butter lime cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Place the blueberry lime loaf cake on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
10 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories127
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 6.2g 31%
- Cholesterol 56mg 19%
- Sodium 244mg 11%
- Potassium 36mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8%
- Sugars 3.4g
- Protein 3.3g 7%
- Calcium 31%
- Vitamin D 5%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.